Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 31-32 Singapore Sling

Ok Singapore was more a stopover than a Sling, but I like the sound of Sling...even though my stopover should be called jetlag! (worst jetlag ever experienced in Singapore...I got my night and days completely mixed up!)

Unfortunately I have no photographic evidence to prove I actually made it to Singapore, cuz well, I didn't take ANY photos whilst I was there. I suppose I got over the whole photo-taking thing after Europe. Yes, I regret it now, even if my photos would have just consisted of shopping centres and Hainan Chicken Rice, at least its something! But such is life, you have regrets...such as no photos of Singapore :(

So what did I get up to? Well, the plan was to complete my shopping expeditions, but to my total amazement, I was not in the mood for it at all whilst in Singapore!! I know, almost unbelieveable!! I did buy some stuff, but not as much as I had expected. Just a handful of things.

I visited several relatives, people I had no seen for up to 6 years or more! The last time I visited Singapore was 2000...and my mum actually gave me this huge list of people to go visit, I called maybe 3 people on that list. But it was good to see relatives and catch up with them, even if some felt like complete strangers, you just learn to get to know them again! And best of all, each visit consisted of a free meal :) Oh the joys of family :)

One thing I learnt, Singapore is not quite the place to travel solo unless you just plan to go shopping and nothing else! Even eating is a problem by yourself cuz there is only so much ONE person can order. Oh yes, I forgot to mention, the weather in Singapore was the haziest I had ever seen in my whole life!! I think that is one big reason why I just was not into doing anything but relaxing. (which did not happen due to the jetlag)

I wonder when I will be in Singapore again??

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...