Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 29-30: Back to Vienna

Post Prague - I went back to Vienna again! This time, I took my travelling nice and easy. In other words, I spent quite a bit of time relaxing and sleeping in at the hotel rather than frantically running around the place! I was approaching the end of my trip, hence the tiredness I suppose.

So what did I go and see? Being me...and alone...more museums!!

Albertina Museum - I remember there was a special Picasso exhibition at the time as well. Extraordinary works.

Me outside the Albertina Museum on a perfect Vienna day

Museumsquartier Wien - I loved the concept of this Museum Quarter, however, unfortunately for me I visited on a Tuesday in which its the rest day for Museums! Doh! It was still nice to walk around the grounds though.

Quoted from the museum website: "The MuseumsQuartier Wien is one of the ten largest cultural complexes in the world. But above all, it is a forward-looking, inner-city cultural district that will have an enormous impact on future trends. The MuseumsQuartier unites baroque buildings, new architecture, cultural institutions of all sizes, various disciplines of art, and recreational facilities in a single spectacular location."

MUMOK - Museum moderner Kunst Stiftung Ludwig Wien


Leopold Museum - love those red benches!
If I am ever to return to Vienna (hopefully YES) I am definitely going to visit this place again and spend an entire day there! I love the Arts!

Sisi Museum (within the Hofburg Imperial Palace) - Great place for anyone interested in anything Sisi related. Prior to visiting Vienna...I had no idea what a big deal she was. After seeing an entire museum dedicated to her...I can see why now.

So that was the end of Vienna for me...lovely place! Next time I go to Europe I am taking the time to explore and of course take more photos!!


St Stephan's Church - can see it was under renovation. I wonder what it looks like now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...