Saturday, March 13, 2010

Missing my second 'home'

I spend a lot of time on the internet. And it is not something I am ashamed of, because it's one way to pass time, learn new things and revisit the old. You can even travel the world on the internet!

As I was browsing through A Hungry Girl's Guide to Taipei, a regular read now that I am no longer living in my second home, I was excited to see she posted an entry about a pizza place near my apartment, my 'hood' in Taipei! I used to walk pass that Pizza Place - So Free Pizza & Cheese ALL THE TIME, but never actually ate the pizza there because I was thinking, I can get pizza back home, why bother?! It's one of those things I now regret as it was so accessible to me, literally a 5 minute walk from my room, yet somehow there were not enough days and meals in my 3.5 months in Taipei to actually give that place a go. I was tempted to try it on so many occasions, but just held back!



At least pictures (taken from So Free's blog) of the Pizza place can bring back memories of my time there. Awesome time in my life it was! And yes I did witness such massive queues, perhaps another reason why I never gave that place a go.

And these are the goodies I missed out on trying...

Fresh mushrooms Asparagus pizza

Kimchi pizza with dried tofu (豆干) - strange yet appealing!

In case people are wondering, why these strange combinations? It's a vegetarian pizza place. Another thing I miss about Taipei, absolutely amazing vegetarian food. Sometimes I had 'vegetarian' days just cuz I could!

Do I miss my time in Taipei? My friends would say obviously YES!! Planning a September 2010 visit already :) (At least in my head) Hope it eventuates given I will be going to Malaysia this September!! It's been 5 years since I've been to my parents home country. I'm already looking forward to all the food consumption and photos to take...just need to wait 6 months...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out and reading my blog! Enjoying your Taipei posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joan! Glad you've enjoyed the readings cuz I love reading your posts about the go-to places to eat in Taiwan! Makes me miss the place so much. Also, my blog is not as active as yours, hence the very late reply. Better late than never tho!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...